Friday 29 May 2015

Printing the chopper's fuel tank

My good friend managed to print the fuel tank for the chopper bike project and it turned out pretty good. He has a home built version of Prusa printer and he's using my project to calibrate the fine tune the printer.

The CAD part was split in half to assist the printing process. There is still some finishing to do on the parts, using filler putty and sanding all the printing lines.

For those who don't remember what is the part for, here is a reminder of the project.


And the printed parts as received from the 3D printer.





4 comments:

  1. how did you get on with these builds and the 3d printing? I am looking to do a custom trike and found your post in another group for a Harley custom build and it brought me here. Love the work mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I realized there’s been 5 years since I posted on my blog. How time flies...

      I didn’t have any progress since as my interests took me to different places. I am waiting for my 3D printer to arrive and then I would at least try to print the engine. Even if I would not build the full bike, I think having a Harley engine displayed would be nice.

      Delete
    2. well I have a 3d printer and have been desperate to print decent model so if you feel like sharing I would only print it for myself and credit you for the model. I could even send you a print of the bike if I manage to get it printed.

      do you have an obj. I understand if you dont want to share but its purely a personal hobby

      Delete